ST. Moses The Strong (formerly known as The Helena Orthodox Mission) has been in existence since our first liturgy in Helena on August 4th 2001. Though there have historically been many Orthodox individuals in living in Helena the Mission is the first time an Orthodox church has existed in our town.
The mission was born when members of the church approached father Eric Tosi and Father Matthew Tate about the possibility of establishing a mission in Helena. The mission members were encouraged to attend the Bozeman / Belgrade the work of father Eric as it was being established. After two years of attending Bozeman and Billings the Helena Orthodox Mission was born. Father Eric served both Helena and Bozeman untill Father Peter Tobias took over the Bozeman Mission, and Father Eric transferd to St. Paul the Apostle Church in Las Vegas Nevada .
Since our beginning the mission has been served by priest in charge from Billings or Bozeman.
We are now served once a month By the Father Russell Radoicich of the Holy Trinity Serbian Church Butte, Montana. We meet every sunday for a readers typica and twice a month for bible study. An exact schedule can be found by following the schedule link below.
Our Meeting Place!
We currently meet at St. Joseph's Chapel in Borromeo Hall at Carroll College Helena Montana, 1601 North Benton Avenue Helena, Mt 59625.
Directions are as follows:
from the west follow higway 12 which turns into Euclid street to the intersection of Benton and Euclid where there is a stop light. proceed thought this intersection and prepare to turn left at the very next intersection which is Park avenue. proceed straight on Park avenue and park in the Trinity and Borromeo hall parking lot. The maps should help!